Role: Principal Civil Design Engineer (Airports)
Salary: £47.50 - 52.50/hr
This is an opportunity to join an airfield design team renowned for their technical excellence and expertise, relied upon by clients to not only provide high quality designs, but identify practical solutions to their many complex challenges and implement them in a collaborative way.
This role is to join, lead and help shape the future of a high energy specialist design team, in a growing Airports business, that builds on a long and distinguished history of supporting the aviation industry, both civil and defence, at home and abroad. We’re looking for someone with excellent technical design skills, who wants to work to deliver practical solutions for our clients. Someone who listens to our clients and immerses themselves in their world, someone who is authentic, challenging and bold.
Amey are seeking experienced, organised, self-motivated and collaborative team players, capable of leading small design teams at a senior level in the delivery of co-ordinated designs in an airport environment. The applicant should preferably be a Chartered Civil Engineer with knowledge of ICAO, EASA and CAA regulations and proven ability of their application from concept through to detailed design on airfield and airport infrastructure. The role requires the ability to develop close collaborative working relationships with clients, stakeholders to enable the production, approval and delivery of resilient design solutions in a demanding client environment.
The candidate will be expected to fulfil a senior managing role within the design team to:
- Deliver all the specified project design outcomes on time, within budget and to the quality required
- Comply with all relevant technical standards; including ICAO, EASA, CAA and local airport planning and engineering standards
- Maintain good relationships with all external stakeholders to enhance the reputation of the company
- Provide guidance, professional development and training for less experienced staff.
The successful candidate will cover all aspects of the design process and management of a design team to deliver our clients outcomes and will include amongst other things:
- Managing a programme of design projects
- Develop designs including runways, taxiways, stands and roads in accordance with the Client’s requirements and relevant design standards to achieve cost effective solutions
- Produce, check and present design concepts and options, design details, drawings, specifications and other technical documents
- Prepare and check options analysis reports, survey briefs, design calculations and input into project health and safety files and other written documents as required
- Prepare and monitor the budget for projects including the planning, monitoring and reporting of project resources and finances
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the Client and other relevant stakeholders
- Assist in the preparation of bids.
There are several qualities that we are looking for:
- Chartered Engineer (CEng + MICE, CMIHT or MIStructE)
- Minimum of 10 years post-qualification experience designing infrastructure projects including pavements and associated services. Experience of airport design work is preferable
- Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with Office 365 and relevant engineering software including AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D and AviPLAN
- Good experience of leading the co-ordination of multi-disciplinary design teams including Electrical and structural engineers
- Good experience of the design of foul and storm water drainage, fire mains, hydrant refuelling, pits & ducts and stand services
- Knowledge of ICAO, EASA and CAA regulations
- Good knowledge of airport operation
- Good communication skills dealing with clients, project partners and supply chain
- Client focused approach to service delivery
- Team player.