Role: principal Security Architect
Job type: Permanent
An experienced Security Architect is required for a variety of projects being delivered for our client in their new Development Centre in Manchester. We are looking for people driven by a passion for DevSecOps, and working across multiple products.
- Would you thrive in an exciting, dynamic and creative start-up environment, but also enjoy the security, resources and influence of an established and successful organisation?
- Would you excel within a world-class and passionate team that loves what they do?
- Are you looking for an influential role that can truly make a difference?
You will form an essential part of a collaborative, iterative and agile process within a multi-disciplined team helping deliver best in class digital solutions. This role provides a unique opportunity to help define, support and grow an entirely new agile software delivery capability within the company.
Security Architect is responsible for the following:
- Ownership and definition of the detailed security architecture for a variety of cloud projects deployed globally for the client.
- Successful acceptance of security architectures and approaches via the company's processes.
- Day to day engagement with development teams to advise and consult on security matters
- Establish, maintain and enhance DevSecOps processes and culture within the business
- Work closely with our site reliability and DevOps groups to automate compliance and security in development and our cloud platform.
- Removing impediments for the successful delivery of the security related solutions
- Be the primary liaison for security for the centre and proactively engage other parts of the business on security matters.
- Work cross functionally with other security groups to capture and progress best practises, and processes.
- Ensure alignment with corporate and legal requirements for security, and privacy in cloud for the centre.
We’re keen to talk to people with the following skills and experience:
- 4-5 years’ experience of security architecture design and delivery
- 4-5 years’ experience working in a security role alongside software development teams
- Deep technical knowledge on security and networking, solutions and technologies for cloud and on premise.
- Experience of defining security processes and procedures taking a practical risk- based approach
- Experience with working across organisational silos and breaking down barriers to successful security practise adoption.
- Understanding of fundamentals of iterative software development and incremental delivery
- Understanding of high-quality user stories and how to drive to a satisfactory MVP’
- An appreciation of what ‘better’ looks like, and the will to make improvements happen
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
The following skills and experience are nice to have:
- Background in software development
- Experience of telematics solutions
Our ideal Security Architect demonstrates the following behaviours:
- Servant Leader– Must be able to garner respect from his/her team and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done
- Communicative and social– Must be able to communicate well with teams
- Facilitative– Must be able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team
- Assertive– Must be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason and authority, make the tough calls.
- Enthusiastic– Must be high-energy
- Continual improvement – Must continually be growing ones craft learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team
- Conflict resolution – Must be able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches
- Attitude of empowerment – Must be able to lead a team to self-organization
- Attitude of transparency– Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about development and grow business trust