Role: Project Manager
Location: Newham, London
Overall Purpose of Job
To project manage a wide range of parking related projects. Such projects could range from the production of new procedures, new business processes, technology changes, re-tendering exercises, new contracts as well as new build/maintenance projects.
To represent the service as determined by the Group Manager - Parking on other corporate projects which have an impact on Parking Services.
The post holder reports to the Group Manager - Parking who determines the Annual Project Work Programme.
- The post holder has line management responsibility up to 2 staff.
- The post holder has no budget responsibility.
- The post holder will be required to work some evenings, weekends and occasional public holidays in order to meet service requirements and in order to ensure appropriate representation of the Council with residents, the Mayor and elected members, and external bodies.
- The post holder will be required to wear a uniform and to ensure that all staff adhere to this dress code.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
Key tasks and accountabilities are intended to be a guide to the range and level of work expected of the post holder. This is not an exhaustive list of all tasks that may fall to the post holder and employees will be expected to carry out such other reasonable duties which may be required from time to time.
- To be the lead officer for delivery of projects assigned to the post holder in the Annual Project Work Programme.
- To deliver agreed programmes of work within approved budgets and timescales.
- To regularly report to the Head of Parking Group Manager - Parking on the delivery of projects.
- To ensure a consistently high standard of project management using Prince 2 project Management as appropriate.
- To participate in Group meetings and joint Client and Contractor meetings.
- To contribute to corporate projects on behalf of the Parking Services Group as dictated by Annual Project Work Programme / Group Manager – Parking.
- To support the development of an organisational culture that is positive, flexible, responsive, forward looking and performance and customer focused.
- To develop and maintain effective communications where necessary, liaison and working relationships, both internally and externally, by directly employed staff and external resources, with elected members, client officers, community and business partners, relevant organisations and individuals, so as to ensure maximum effectiveness of the services delivered by the group.
- To effectively manage the procurement and implementation of new projects in line with service requirements.
- To ensure that procurement options are carried out in line with the Council’s corporate standing orders.
- To ensure specifications and product descriptions are sufficiently detailed to ensure the Council’s risks are minimised.
- To develop effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- To ensure that agreed asset maintenance/improvement programmes are incorporated into the Annual Project Work Programme and delivered to project time frames and budgets. The post holder acting in a client capacity to the in-house property team and as liaison officer with the Council’s Contractors and Members of the public during the life of the maintenance/improvement project.
- Project Management experience for projects up to £1m value desirable.
- Evidence of successful completion of projects – on time and on budget essential.
- Experience in preparation of contract documents and procurement essential.
- Experience of identifying and controlling project risks.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal effectively with demands from various projects – multi tasking.
- Ability to lead and motivate project groups to produce work to pre-determined deadlines.
- Effective oral, written and mathematics skills
Deekay Contact: Heather - 0161 747 1234