Role: Project Manager (Rail)
Main Purpose of Post:
To lead successful contract delivery on behalf of the company by ensuring that the site teams are fully appraised of the contract parameters and have the capability and resources necessary to achieve contract objectives. This role will be to oversee the Geotechnical, Earthworks and Drainage on the Civils Asset Management Framework.
- Involvement/input in projects at all stages from pre-qualifying and tendering through to completion.
- Ensuring that the site team are fully apprised of the contract parameters and have the capability and resources necessary to achieve contract objectives.
- The development of positive relationships with all parties associated with the contract.
- Ensuring that the contract is executed in accordance with the requirements of:
- All applicable legislation
- The Terms and Conditions of the contract
- The Contract Health and Safety Plan
- The Contract Quality/Environmental Plan
- The Policies and Procedures contained within the Company Business Management System
- Delivery of the contract within programme and budget.
- Control and management of sub contract resources to the highest levels of safety, quality and efficiency.
- The promotion of a continuous improvement culture and the use of best practice.
- The continuous monitoring of contract progress to ensure contract objectives are being met.
- Ensuring that, in conjunction with the Project Delivery Team, changes to the contract are identified, agreed and effectively managed.
- The provision of formal reports on contract progress to the Framework Manager.
- Ensuring that all relevant issues, which cannot be resolved at contract level, are passed for the attention of the Contracts Director.
- To proactively promote the Company and its capabilities to clients.
- To identify business development opportunities and ensure that any such opportunity is communicated to the appropriate Business Development Executive/Director.
- Have experience of working within a contracting environment
- Have experience of working within the Rail sector
- Have a good appreciation of Network Rail standards
- Exposure to design and construct would be beneficial
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal and management skills
- Have a proved H&S record
- Be IT literate in MS Office applications
- Relevant Degree in Civil Engineering
- PTS and IWA (or COSS)
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme - SMSTS