Role: Project Manager (Rail)
Main Purpose of Post:
Successful contract delivery on behalf of the company by ensuring that the site team is fully appraised of the contract parameters and has the capability and resources necessary to achieve contract objectives.
To develop positive relationships with all parties associated with the contract and to ensure that the contract is delivered on time, within budget and to the agreed quality whilst ensuring that client expectations regarding quality, programme, and budget are wherever possible exceeded.
- Involvement/input in projects at all stages from pre-qualifying and tendering through to completion.
- Ensuring that the site team are fully apprised of the contract parameters and have the capability and resources necessary to achieve contract objectives.
- The development of positive relationships with all parties associated with the contract.
- Ensuring that the contract is executed in accordance with the requirements of:
- All applicable legislation
- The Terms and Conditions of the contract
- The Contract Health and Safety Plan
- The Contract Quality/Environmental Plan
- The Policies and Procedures contained within the Company Business Management System
- Delivery of the contract within programme and budget.
- Control and management of sub contract resources to the highest levels of safety, quality and efficiency.
- The promotion of a continuous improvement culture and the use of best practice.
- The continuous monitoring of contract progress to ensure contract objectives are being met.
- Ensuring that, in conjunction with the Project Delivery Team, changes to the contract are identified, agreed and effectively managed.
- The provision of formal reports (internal and external) on contract progress.
- Ensuring that all relevant issues, which cannot be resolved at contract level, are passed for the attention of the Contracts Director.
- To proactively promote the Company and its capabilities to clients.
- To identify business development opportunities and ensure that any such opportunity is communicated appropriately.
- Have experience of working within the Rail sector
- Have a good appreciation of Network Rail standards
- Both building and civil engineering experience is essential along with experience of design and build projects
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal and management skills
- Have a proven H&S record
- Be IT literate in MS Office applications
- Relevant Degree in Civil Engineering
- CSCS Black - Management
- PTS and IWA (or COSS)
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme - SMSTS