Role: Project Manager (Rail)
Main Purpose of Post:
Having won various prestigious Frameworks around the UK our client in Wales are seeking a Project Manager to join our Infrastructure Projects team.
To lead successful contract delivery on behalf of the company by ensuring that the site teams are fully appraised of the contract parameters and have the capability and resources necessary to achieve contract objectives.
The primary purpose of this site based role is to assist with the provision of:
The Project Manager has single point responsibility and accountability for successful execution of a project or multiple projects in terms of quality of work, maintenance of schedule, budget and profit margins, and client satisfaction from commencement to close-out.
Plan the delivery of the project at hand.
- The key tasks of this role include but are not limited to:
- Monitor expenditure and such items as work carried out against an estimate originally prepared in order to ensure the work are within the contract or may form a separate entitlement under the contract, constantly liaising with the Commercial Manager & Framework / Contracts Manager on such subjects.
- The monitoring and control of project performance against budget, schedule, quality and safety requirements using appropriate control tools and reporting of same to AmcoGiffen Management Team and Client.
- The identification of changes in the scope of work and ensuring that change orders are current and adequate.
- Prepare early warning and change instruction documentation.
- Check the documents in use are current, readily available to those requiring them and stored securely.
- Assess the standard of all proposed installation work associated within the project, undertaking inspections and preparing full reports, where required and submitting these to the Senior Contracts Manager or including the contents within an appropriate programme of works.
- Liaise with stakeholders, commercial & planning teams.
- Report progress on projects by sector management, maintain and update project reporting, checkpoints and financial reporting to a high standard.
- Plan and arrange visits to existing and new potential clients, ensuring every client receives sufficient support to enhance their relationships.
- Develop contacts with senior staff, directors, and other influential staff within each account during the implementation phase.
- Co-ordinate required support levels and training.
- Produce reports on each project at agreed intervals, and whenever substantive actions are required.
- Planning and Time Management - to ensure that projects are completed within set timeframes.
- Resource Management - ensuring that equipment is available throughout the building project.
- Financial and Budget Management - making sure that the project is completed within a financial budget.
- Communication - arranging meetings and ensuring that all stakeholders are aware of the project’s progress.
- Delegation and Motivation - the Project Manager, will be responsible for ensuring that tasks are delegated effectively and staffs remain motivated to complete the project to a high standard.
- General Construction - at times of uncertainty the project manager may be relied upon for his superior knowledge of the industry and specific problems.
- Candidates for this role must be effective team players and should meet the following criteria:
- Have experience of working within the Rail sector
- Have a good appreciation of London/Underground / Network Rail standards
- Both building and civil engineering experience is essential along with experience of design and build projects
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal and management skills
- Have a proven H&S record
- Be IT literate in MS Office applications
- Minimum of HNC in Construction / Civil Engineering
- CSCS Black - Management
- Sentinel Endorsed with LUL-ICI
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme - SMSTS
- As per the contract specific BIM Roles and Responsibility Matrix