- Built Environment
Role: Project Officer
Location: Oxfordshire County Council
.Temporary support is required to progress and resolve infrastructure issues at Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRCs) and closed landfills for which Oxfordshire County Council is responsible. The issues include
• Gaining quotes for design and installation of sealed drainage systems at HWRCs and overseeing completion of the work on site .
• Gaining quotes for a programme of maintenance at closed landfills for example fencing and borehole repairs as recommended by the councils closed landfill management contractor and overseeing completion of the work on site.
• Progress specific compliance issues at two landfill sites working with the regulator, landfill management contractor and securing other advice as necessary. Seek quotes, commission and monitor work, and make all payments.
• Review current procedures and routine compliance checks with requirements of facilities management processes including fire, legionella and drainage. Establish a process to ensure ongoing compliance.
• Investigate options and develop a plan for CCTV renewal at HWRCs.
Candidates will need to have good knowledge and experience of securing work through third parties whilst complying with local authority procurement procedures. The office base is County Hall, Oxford however flexible working would be considered once the individual is embedded in the role.