Role: Road Safety Engineer
Rate: Negotiable (Inside IR35)
- Provide the highway design team with Project Briefs for all road safety capital works
- Provide traffic and road safety input into the preparation, design and delivery of major schemes and attend meetings to provide support as appropriate.
- assist in the management and monitoring of works programmes or services
- Provide professional engineering advice to working groups and retained client in the development of road safety engineering solutions on a regional and local level
- Deliver the Regeneration Partnership's road safety KPIs
- Have regular contact with the police in relation to road safety engineering matters and attend the regular Safer Roads safety partnership Engineering meetings and Working Group meetings.
- Ensure that future casualty reduction programmes achieve set targets (both local and national)
- Manage the relevant traffic and road safety revenue and capital budgets
- Be responsible for arranging safety audits and for actioning any findings arising from safety audits undertaken
- Respond to FOI and formal service complaints on behalf of the Traffic & Road Safety team