Role: Senior ITS Engineer
This is a senior post within the Area 14 Design Services Contract based in Highways England’s Darlington Office. You will report to the Technology Discipline Manager and be responsible for a varied portfolio of ITS and street lighting construction and maintenance schemes utilising resources from teams across the business. You will have responsibility for all the project outcomes to ensure they are delivered on time, within budget and to the client’s specifications whilst ensuring the project requirements are fully met.
What makes this role unique?
You will be working on a new generation Design Services Contract co-located with Highways England. This will enable you to develop close working relationships with the Client to ensure projects are delivered to meet the Clients objectives of Safety, Ownership, Passion, Integrity and Teamwork..
What will this role involve?
You will be working in a client focused role on a new generation Design Support Contract with Highways England and you will need to develop and maintain a strong relationship with the client. You will be responsible to ensure portfolios of projects are delivered to programme and budget, with cost-effective solutions that are complaint with all relevant technical standards.
What are we looking for?
· Works with the principal designer to lead ITS and street lighting designs
· Ensures all aspects of the design are communicated between disciplines
· Ensure compliance with all relevant technical standards
· Works to programme to deliver specified designs on time
· Develop, and provide guidance to, less experienced staff
· Prepare and check of assessment, cable calculations, transmission assumptions and compliance with relevant standards
· Check or approve designs, design reports and other technical documents
· Check or approve design calculations
· Liaise with Community partners to ensure solutions are developed suitable for buildability and maintainability
· Provide commercial information to Discipline Manager and Commercial Manager for Work Package pricing
· Drive effective health and safety within the Design Team
· Ensure innovation and best practice is highlighted and adopted where practicable.
· Degree Level Qualification OR:
· Working towards Chartered Status
· Masters degree (MEng or MSc) in associated Engineering discipline
· Membership of accredited engineering institution
· Chartered Engineer