- Built Environment
Role: Senior Surveyor
To provide an effective, efficient, responsive and high quality building control service
To survey, schedule, inspect and authorise payments for grants awarded to properties throughout Rhondda Cynon Taf.
1. To manage a significant personal caseload of building proposals relating to domestic and commercial premises.
2. To carry out, where appropriate, inspections in cases of unauthorised work and taking the relevant enforcement action.
3. Checking compliance on site with conditions of planning consent, noting breaches of planning control, reporting back to the Planning Case Officer.
4. To be responsible for the processing and assessment (within set targets) of building regulation applications.
5. To provide expert and impartial advice to all consumers of the building control service.
6. To inspect works in progress to check standard of workmanship in relation to grants.
7. To verify and agree levels of unforeseen works.
8. To inspect, value and verify interim and final payments.
9. To deal with enquiries from grant applicants, Council Members and the general public.
10. To ensure that a quality customer service is maintained.
11. To carry out health and safety responsibilities in accordance with the Division’s health and safety documentation and the CDM regulations and all associated Health and Safety legislation.
12. To be responsible for compliance with all relevant legislation, regulations and other statutory obligations.
13. To maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job, participate in appropriate training and development activities.
14. To undertake such other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the grade, as may be reasonably required or as a mutually agreed development opportunity.
To carry out health and safety responsibilities in accordance with the Division’s Health & Safety Responsibilities document.
To undertake such other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the grade, as may be reasonably required by the Service Director, or as a mutually agreed development opportunity.