Role: Site Supervisor
Location: Area 9
Assist with the management of site operations (including the fulfilment of the role of Principal Contractor under CDM on Provider Works and undertaking the role of Supervisor on Managed Works) in relation to scheme delivery on the Highways England’s Area 9 ASC.
Reporting to the Site Manager. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assisting with managing and administering the construction works in accordance with the contract.
- Assisting with the implementation of the duties of the Principal Contractor under CDM and/or undertaking the role of the Supervisor under the NEC conditions of contract.
- Assisting with the implementation of the Kier 5 SHE Basics, Training and Competence, Risk Assessment for every task, Induction for every worker, Safe System of Work and Point of Work Risk Assessment are embedded for all works.
- Assisting with the implementation of the Construction Phase Plan including ensuring compliance with the requirements (eg. site inductions and site rules).
- Assisting with ensuring that the construction programme is maintained.
- Checking compliance with the relevant Quality Plans, Method Statements, Risk Assessments and Inspection and Test Plans.
- Assisting with the management and control of all site operations including monitoring progress and taking appropriate action to avoid overrun.
- Assisting with identifying all changes to the works and assist the Site Manager to ensure they are properly communicated including the issue of instructions to the contractor.
- Understanding roles and responsibilities within the site team.
- Assisting with the recording of work carried out.
- Assisting with ensuring temporary works are installed in accordance with the approved design details.
- Assisting with ensuring appropriate inspection, sampling and testing is carried out to verify compliance. Carrying out quality checks and witnessing and reporting of any non-conformances.
- Carrying out regular Safety, Health and Environmental inspections and reporting all accidents, incidents and near-misses.
- Assist with monitoring the performance and operation of contractors. Ensure they are properly instructed in the safe execution of their work and programme requirements. Report on their progress.
- Assisting with the compilation of site records and providing feedback to the Site Manager.
- Assisting with the collation of all data necessary for the measurement of key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Promoting a ‘right first time’ culture and the use of quality management procedures as a means of continuous improvement.
- Producing detailed daily shift diary sheets
- Promoting the introduction of innovation, and the recording/sharing of best practice and lessons learnt.
- Promoting a partnering ethos to provide a working environment of cooperation, trust, respect, open communication and honesty.
- Assist with the management and co-ordination of network occupancy activities including development of traffic management proposals, roadspace booking, stakeholder liaison and updating
- Construction Management Team members (Construction Manager / Scheme Delivery Manager / Construction Team Leaders / Site Managers / Assistant Site Managers.
- Kier Area 9 ASC team: Scheme Programme Manager, Area Engineer, Network Manager, Principal Designer, Health and Safety Manager, Environmental Manager, Design Team Leader.
- Highways England.
- Contractors and Suppliers.
- Key stakeholders: Emergency Services, Local Authorities, Department of the Environment, the Public and the Media.
- SMSTS (5 Day CITB Site Manager’s Safety Training Scheme) or progressing towards it.
- Experience in the delivery of the Principal Contractor’s obligations under the CDM Regulations 2015 and/or role of the Supervisor under the NEC.
- Experience in the successful delivery of highway renewals and improvement schemes involving restricted site availability (eg. night time working).
- Experienced in the successful delivery of construction projects to tight time and budget constraints.
- Experience of managing the concurrent delivery of a number of schemes (individual scheme value up to £5m).
- Structures, roads and technology scheme experience.
- Good working knowledge of construction programming.
- Good working knowledge of risk management.
- Problem solving skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Conversant with the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Commitment and adaptability.
- Drive and determination.
- Positive attitude to the delivery of schemes through collaborative working in a partnering environment.
- Qualified to ONC in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- CSCS (Supervisory) Card.
- Institute of Clerks of Works & Construction Inspectorate (ICWCI).
- Experience of working for a major contractor at General Foreman level or above.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Temporary Works Supervisor Certificate.
- Fire Safety Co-ordinator/Marshal Certificate.
- Knowledge of the Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works (MCHW).