Role: Travel Plan Advisor - Highways
Location: Colindale, London
Salary: £30,000 - £38,000
Main Purpose of Post:
We are looking for a motivated and confident Travel Plan Advisor to further the outcomes of the boroughs Travel Plan Programme. You will assist in the assessment and monitoring of Travel Plans for new development secured through the planning process to ensure that agreed sustainable travel actions and targets within those Plans are met.
This role will be primarily based at our new Colindale office. Travel to other locations throughout the Borough may be required on occasions.
For this position, It would be a great advantage to have a basic understanding of the UK planning system alongside Section 106 agreements.
Ideally, you will have previous experience in transport planning however a graduate with a relevant qualification and a strong interest in sustainable transport/ active travel concepts or someone with equivalent practical experience would also be considered.
Good admin skills are essential alongside a high level of IT literacy and you will need good communication skills and confidence when it comes to dealing with external third parties, in particular representatives from developers working in the Borough. A keen eye for detail and good mathematics skills are also required.
What you will do:
- Assist on the co-ordination, assessment, implementation and monitoring of Development Travel Plans for businesses, residents and other organisations, including the development and regular monitoring of Travel Plans.
- Carry out admin related duties involved in reviewing and maintaining the Travel Plan database.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of current legislation, policy and strategies relating to Travel Planning.
- Assist on developer negotiations through the development control process to secure outcome based travel plans which reduce the need for additional car borne trips and establish more sustainable travel patterns.
- Assist on managing budget preparation and the monitoring of relevant set budgets to ensure Best Value.
- Regularly review the Council’s Travel Plan Strategy ensuring the strategy is effectively linked with other appropriate policy areas such as education and health.
- Monitor and report on relevant performance indicators.
- Assist in the preparation of Travel Plan related marketing communications and related material, including drafting press and publicity material.
- Produce management and Committee reports, technical documents and statistics in relation to Travel Plans.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with other partners and Boroughs, to ensure planned integrated work on promoting and developing Travel Plans takes place with key partners.
- Assist with securing funding for Travel Plan monitoring and related activities.
- Assist on dealing with all Travel Plan related enquiries and complaints, in accordance with Corporate guidelines.
- Contribute to the successful achieving of the Travel Plan Commitment, providing suitable evidence for the Client.
- Further the Development Travel Plan Business Case through securing and executing commissions successfully.
- Experience in travel planning or relevant experience.
- Good knowledge of current legislation.
- Demonstrate the ability to programme, supervise and monitor a number of projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrate the ability plan, prioritise and monitor workloads to meet deadlines.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good IT Skills.
- Good time /budgetary management skills.
- Able to work without close supervision and take responsibility to resolve issues.
- Experience of working with consultants/contractors.
- Ability to keep good work records.
- Commitment to a high-quality output and quality control.
- Confident self-motiving and innovative.
- Occasional out of normal hours working.
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Highways and Transportation or equivalent.
- Understanding of the principles of effective project management.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook Project.
- Understanding of specialist travel planning packages.
- Understanding of using financial systems.