Role: VLR CAD Technician
- Develop design drawings for Coventry Very Light Rail (VLR) scheme
- Design in accordance with the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) and Traffic Sign and Regulations and General Directions (TSRGD) and other such publications
- Provide drawings in accordance with the general naming convention laid down in the Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works (MCHW)
- Experience of Building Information Modelling (BIM) and associated asset tagging to Level 1 / 2 is preferable but not essential; as this would be beneficial when co-ordinating 3D design works with Designers, BIM partners and Statutory Undertakers.
- Prepare H&S drawings to compliment the health and safety file
- Prepare as built drawings as recorded by the site engineer or representative
- Ensures that all documents have no errors in filenames, revisions, submissions
- Ensures that controlled copies of latest approved documents and drawings are given to the appropriate staff, contractors and suppliers as applicable
- Allocates document numbers to internally prepared documents and incoming documentation
- Maintain a register of drawings, issues sheets, record logs and supplier information to ensure that the projects are compliant
- Undertake tasks to assist the project team in the delivery of the projects
The Autocad Technician (VLR) will be responsible for assisting the VLR Project Team in developing concept and detailed design drawings, engagement and consultation plans, utility and topographical survey drawings, cross section and drainage drawings and other technical drawing support as required.
This will involve the use of Autocad 2019, Autocad Civil 3D, Infraworks, Autotrack and other design software components. A good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, Powerpoint will be required.
Working alongside the Programme Manager and other members of the project team as well as external stakeholders to provide support for the projects.
A good understanding of preparing and reviewing design drawings along with the ability to control the projects using asset registers and tracker sheets.
Deekay Contact: Heather - 0161 747 1234